Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mimi & Grampa's Solar Power Heated Kiddie Pool



My parents have a warm water pool on their deck.

I can't make this up.  My parents got a kiddie pool on their deck for when the boys visit, and it's got heated water in it that keeps them submerging and splashing and swimming all afternoon!  They recently installed solar panels on their roof, which means that during the day when it's sunny they get tons of hot water at no additional heating cost.  So my Dad, being the inventive genius that he is, hooked up a hot water line to his hose.  Now he can flip a switch and put hot water through the outdoor hose to wash his cars or fill the kiddie pool for his grandchildren.  All on solar power.  They had the water warm enough for the boys that they were tossing in ice cubes and letting the kids play with them because the temperature was like bath water.  INSANE.

How cool (warm?) is that!



The only problem for me is that I'm going to have to bring out tea kettles of hot water to mix into my kiddie pool on the deck or the kids won't want to use it!



They had such a great time in it, it's no wonder Will woke up this morning and wanted to go back to Maine.  We got home yesterday.  It's a long car ride.  He says he'd still like to go back.  Now.  (I kind of would too.)



2 comments:

  1. Your boys must love it when you visit your parents, since they get to swim the whole day. And it looks like they really enjoy doing laps. Haha! Anyway, I can see how thrilled they are in the water. So, I think it wouldn’t be too much if they can take a plunge and learn how to swim in a larger pool. What do you think?

    Matt Grant @ Pool Service Perth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great news that the solar power pool pumps are also available in the market specifically for kids. Thanks for sharing it.
    Solar Swimming Pool Pumps

    ReplyDelete