Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Running Playlist - Upbeat for New Year's Race

When I ran the 5k on New Year's Day, I decided to switch out all my race music to have new music for a New Year.  I grabbed songs that make me smile (and laugh) and keep me going.  It's 36 minutes long so I could start it a few minutes before the race and not be messing around with my i-pod when I should be dodging elbows at the start line.

Here's the playlist:

Somebody That I Used to Know (Gotye)
Some Nights (Fun)
I'm On a Boat (The Lonely Island featuring T-Pain)
One More Night (Maroon 5)
Ice Ice Baby (Vanilla Ice)
I'm Shipping Up to Boston (Dropkick Murphys)
Gangam Style / 2 Legit 2 Quit Mashup (PSY featuring M.C. Hammer)
One More Night (Maroon 5)
Paper Planes (MIA)
Jump Around (House of Pain)

Yes, the same Maroon 5 song is on there twice.  Yes, this playlist has both Vanilla Ice AND M.C. Hammer on it.  The best part was when the "2 legit 2 quit" refrain lined up perfectly with the biggest hill in an otherwise flat race.  It was awesome.  

I think I may continue trying to use all new running music for each race this year, it was fun not to think about the beginning, middle and end of other 5ks based on the same old running playlist.  I've picked my next two races, a 5k to try for a better time in April and my first 10k in June!  Greg gave me a great book to help me find a training schedule where I actually plan (whaaat?! plan?!) my running and train with some purpose.  More on that later!

Have fun, and listen to whatever keeps you going :)


See the guy next to me fiddling around with his i-pod at a race in September?
He needs a starting line buffer song!  

No comments:

Post a Comment