Friday, April 20, 2012

Life is precious... NOT perfect.

I'm a good mom. Sometimes I'd even go so far as to say I'm a great mom. I keep my kids fed, napped, clothed, and loved. But I've got two under two, and sometimes* things just fall through the cracks.

If nobody's hurt, I like to laugh about it. And thanks to the camera on my phone, while I'm laughing, I like to take a picture so I can laugh about it again later, and maybe Greg can get a chuckle out of it too. And Nana. And Mimi. And my blog readers. All three of you.

Here are some of the keepers...**

Will finds Nemo's water bowl while I'm trying to put makeup on for date night.


Turned around to check on Andrew who was sleeping in the stroller. Heard "Hi? Hi? HI?" Rescued Will. After taking a picture.


Will decides to pull his laundry basket into the middle of the room while I'm nursing Andrew, take all of his clothes out one by one, and put them into the drawers in his closet. This is made funnier by the fact that I can't actually see his dresser in his closet, but get to hear the drawers opening and shutting in between him toddling out for more dirty laundry.


No Will! Just because it's soft doesn't mean it's yarn!!! (The cat was fine. He was trying to give her the knitting needles, not poke her with them. No really. She's fine.)


Speaking of the cat... Nemo, you're throwing my focus off. I could make an album with Christmas card photo attempts that match.


Aww, Will is playing with Andrew! Look, get a picture of him offering Andrew the pacifier! Oh wait, in the time it took the shutter to open, it transformed into a picture of Will smooshing Andrew's face. And now you look like a bad parent. Quick, post it on the internet with a disclaimer before someone calls DCF.


Looking through these pictures, they're not necessarily the ones you post online or e-mail to Nana, but there is something special about them. These are the every day photos, the ones of what life was REALLY like in the moments in between the smiles. These are the ones that are attached to real memories of my time with the kids when they're young, the ones that really will make me laugh in a year, or five years, or twenty.

Because it can't always look like this... No matter how good a parent you are.



* For the purpose of this sentence, "sometimes" should be understood to mean daily, usually multiple times a day.

** I have a couple really nasty pictures of diaper blowouts that I didn't include. (I emailed them to Greg at work instead.) You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I think the waterbowl is my favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete